Home

Friday, August 5, 2011

Toilets in Paris: Our Hotel and the Art Museums to the Rescue



I had been warned on more than one occasion that finding a toilet (seems Europeans say toilet, not bathroom or restroom) while out and about in Paris might be a problem. Those comments gave me some concern. But, I'm glad to report back we had no trouble of the sort. All of the museums on our trip had decent, available restrooms. Our trip was art-museum focused so that helped the cause. Hurray for museums.

For my friend, The Prude, who said the first thing she would do in Paris is hunt for a clean toilet, I post these photos of our hotel bathroom--our first and last toilet in Paris. It was beautifully clean. 

Our hotel bathroom was spotless, even by strict standards.





...the rest of it.




Thanks to our hotel and the museums, we were spared a search for these sorts of places, which are handy in emergencies, no doubt.



Have a great weekend. 

4 comments:

Die Cut Lady said...

Funny information, but I love it! Hope you are having a wonderful time!

The Prude said...

Yes, that is a lovely, lovely toilet. And a lovely post about toilets. I feel better about France already.
Have a wonderful weekend- looking forward to the next stop on our trip!

Lori said...

Prude,
I'm glad you had a chance to read this post, since it was Prude-inspired. I'm relieved the toilet ranked two lovelies!!
Thanks for tagging along on the trip. I enjoy your company!

Robin J. Steinweg said...

So much for the Sears catalogue or the corn cob used by my predecessors.

So you found a toilet, and I'M relieved!!!