Home

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Visit to the Bourbon Street Grille of Monona, WI

Just a few more photos of our boat ride on Lake Waubesa and Yahara River. It's the first time I was ever on one of the Madison area lakes in a boat, so it was a pretty big deal to me. All photos  by Anita Klumpers.

Sue F.'s boat

Our host and driver


Cheryl helped

Robin smiled


Sue pulled in and parked here


We climbed the stairs for lunch. Our waitress, above, was friendly and capable.

We had lunch together out on the patio and then headed back



Anita is second from the left. Lovely Sue S. couldn't stay for the boat ride and is absent from the photo.




Right at home among friends in my tennis shoes here--not a bit like France.


Find Anita's wit and more of her photos at :http://theprudedisapproves.blogspot.com/


Tomorrow I announce the winner of the August drawing. The gift is a $25 gift card to my favorite store, Barnes and Noble. All members are automatically entered. Others may enter by joining this site. Just click on the "Join this site" gadget and follow the simple directions. If you read this blog once in a while or regularly, I invite you to join. 

5 comments:

The Prude said...

Oh how funny! I just noticed that your tennis shoes were in good company!
(where do we get to go tomorrow? :)

Lori Lipsky said...

Where tomorrow? We take a rest from our adventures and announce the winner of the August drawing.

Then on Friday I share another poem/photo combo. The poem is called "The Show," and the photo is by yours truly.

Forgiven said...

I love the photo of the tennis shoes. You would have been in good company at the Minnesota State Fair. It was cute to see women all spiffed up for the day, yet wearing their comfy shoes. Smart thinking.

Lori Lipsky said...

Forgiven--

Sensible women wear sensible shoes at the MN State Fair. The grounds are so huge!! (And the food is awesome)!

Robin J. Steinweg said...

I LOVE tennis shoes!
I LOVE the lake photos!
I LOVE the Book Break Book Club ladies!
I LOVE the food at the Bourbon St. Grille!
I LOVE Visits and Verse!