Home

Friday, August 26, 2011

A Visit to Lake Waubesa in McFarland, Wisconsin

Today we visit my friend’s backyard. Sue F. lives with her family in a home on Lake Waubesa in McFarland, Wisconsin. I think I’ve mentioned before how much I love lakes and lakeviews!

Our Book Club held their August meeting on the 17th, one day before my birthday.


Aren't the flowers beautiful?



The lake view is gorgeous


We take turns hosting, and Sue F. offered her home for our August meeting. We met out in the screened porch right by the lake. The weather was perfect and the sun was shining.

Before the meeting started, the book club ladies surprised me with gifts. I'm not too old to enjoy opening presents!  After the meeting, we had planned to go have lunch together at a nearby restaurant, but Sue surprised me with the offer of a boat ride. Everyone else knew about it already.

We held our meeting in the screened porch

My book-loving friends in the backyard

One club member, Sue S., had to leave early and missed the adventure, but the rest of us climbed in the boat. Our destination was the Bourbon Street Bar and Grill on the Yahara River: http://www.bourbonstreetgrille.com/main.htm



Sue's husband got the boat started and ready for us


Sue drove and did all the work while the rest of us sat in the boat like royalty


Next week, I’ll feature some of friend Anita’s photos from our boating adventure. 


Have a great weekend.



The end of August's easy and free gift drawing is coming soon. The winner receives a $25 Gift Card to Barnes and Noble. To enter your name for the free drawing, simply click on the join this site gadget at the top right part of the blog and become a member/follower. Current members are automatically entered. For a second chance at winning,  members may simply leave a comment on the blog during the month of August


4 comments:

The Prude said...

Sue has one of the most photogenic yards in our state! That was such a fun day.
I love how you change the big photo on the top of the blog.

Suef said...

Hey, pretty sweet Lori. It was a delightful outing! I am looking forward to tomorrow's blog posting.

Robin J. Steinweg said...

What a glorious:
*day
*group of friends
*screened porch
*lake
*garden
*time
*post!

Lori Lipsky said...

It was pretty "fun," "sweet," and "glorious!" Plus the company was marvelous! And my sunburn only lasted a day or so.