Home

Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Rest from Visits and Verses to Announce the Winner of the Drawing

Oh boy. It's September already. Happy September to you, but please don't tell me summer is over. There are officially 20 or so more days left and I'm clinging to each one.


All members were automatically entered in the drawing for the $25 Barnes and Noble gift card. In addition, as promised, those members who left at least one comment during the month were entered a second time.






Blog writers love comments. I'm no exception. Thanks to those of you who have taken the time to leave a comment! It's terrific to have some back and forth with readers.


Publishers love members. It shows that a blog has readership. If you read the blog even once in a while, I invite you to become a member. It doesn't cost a thing and just maybe it'll help me get a publisher someday in the not-so-distant future.


I wrote all the names on small pieces of paper, put them in Sally's (clean) hat, and this month's drawing winner is...Robin! Congratulations, Robin!! Your gift card should arrive in the mail forthwith.


I just happened to have this photo from Robin's July birthday lunch. 


Tomorrow I share a short poem about an ugly bird. At least I used to think this bird and his friends were ugly, but since the poem, I've changed my mind and grown quite fond of the guy.


Have a wonderful Thursday!!

4 comments:

The Prude said...

Congrats Robin! And I can't wait for the ugly bird!

Robin J. Steinweg said...

Hey, I won! How exciting.
I win all the way around, because I get to see these stunning photos and read about exotic faraway places and exotic close-by places, and bits of Very Fine Verbage!

Good job, madame Poet!

Lori Lipsky said...

Prude--It's one of your photos so you know the bird already, or will when you see him.

Robin--Congrats again. Your support means much.

Joanie said...

Congratulations, Robin!