Home

Monday, October 31, 2011

A Visit to Twitter.com



Last week I was checking out Twitter and re-thinking the pros and cons of setting up an account. Then it happened--the push that sent me to Twitter.com. An editor wrote me a note saying she'd like to publish one of my poems (hurray), but would I please send her my Twitter name and website address. Yikes. I had neither.


That was the boost I needed to help me make the decision. 


Now you can find me on Twitter@LoriSLipsky


If you're wondering whether you should join the world of Twitter, here's an easy-to-read article giving 12 reasons you may want to consider it. The article helped me. It's written by businessman Michael Hyatt and targeted to writers, but even if you don't write, it may help you decide:


http://michaelhyatt.com/12-reasons-to-start-twittering.html


If you decide yes as I did, here's another article to take you through the basic steps:


http://michaelhyatt.com/the-beginners-guide-to-twitter.html

Let me know if you decide to get on Twitter--I'll look for you. 


Now it's on to the website challenge. 


Happy Monday.


Lori

2 comments:

Robin J. Steinweg said...

That's encouraging, Lori, thanks!

Lori Lipsky said...

Does that mean you're going to think about trying it--I hope?