Home

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Steeple Photos and "The Steeple" Verse



Thank you to the Visits and Verse readers who sent in photos of steeples. You may still get yours in to me today if you like (see Nov. 16 post "The Steeple" for details). Then comes the drawing for the Amazon Gift Card. I'll announce the winner in my next post.


Two of my camera-loving friends sent in photos of the Winters' home in Blue River, Wisconsin. 


One of the shutterbugs, Anita, is closely related to the family. 


The Winters' home used to be a church building----with a steeple. 




photo by Anita Klumpers






photo by Anita Klumpers






photo by Anita Klumpers




photo by Sue Finley




photo by Sue Finley


Here's the poem:

The Steeple
by Lori Lipsky

The village spire
Built high and seen
From north and east
And surrounding fields

Has its effect
On those nearby
Who view the steeple
Day after day

To some it is beauty
To others a warning
Still others pursue its
Point to the heavens above

Next post: more steeple photos



6 comments:

Suef said...

Lovely poem Lori! I enjoyed it very much. I love Anita's steeple behind the Queen Ann's lace.

Lori Lipsky said...

I love all the photos. Thanks for sharing yours, Sue.

The Prude said...

I can't WAIT to share this with my sister!

Lori Lipsky said...

Prude--

I plan to include a couple more of yours in a future post. Hope your sister enjoys this one!

ScheltyDebate said...

I think this is my favorite poem so far, Lori! And I second the steeple behind the Queen Anne's lace as an amazing shot!

Lori Lipsky said...

Thanks, ScheltyDebate.