Home

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Verse: I Dream of a Serene Lake View, photos by Sue Finley

I Dream of a Serene Lake View
by Lori Lipsky
photos by Sue Finley


On bad weather days




In Wisconsin’s capital city



I dream of a serene lake view







Longingly my mind



 Ambles to sites






With a peaceful lake presentation





A picnic bench at Governor Nelson



The pier at Maple Bluff beach





The Lake Monona bike path


Memorial Union Terrace



A canoe in the middle of Lake Wingra



Through branches at the tip of Picnic Point





My friend’s white cottage



With the huge back porch



On the shore of Lake Waubesa











I Dream of a Serene Lake View
by Lori Lipsky

On bad weather days
In Wisconsin’s capital city
I dream of a serene lake view

Longingly my mind
 Ambles to sites
With a peaceful lake presentation

A picnic bench at Governor Nelson
The pier at Maple Bluff beach
The Lake Monona bike path

Memorial Union Terrace
A canoe in the middle of Lake Wingra
Through branches at the tip of Picnic Point

My friend’s white cottage
With the huge back porch
On the shore of Lake Waubesa





My friend, Sue Finley, with the home on Lake Waubesa that is mentioned in the poem, provided the photos for "I Dream of a Serene Lake View." Besides living on the lake with her family and being a member of a book club with me, Sue plays the flute and takes photos. She also loves gardening and being a granny.

Sue Finley's photo cards are sold at The McFarland House Cafe on Main Street in McFarland, WI.




5 comments:

The Prude said...

This is bliss- verse by my favorite poet and pictures by my favorite photographer.
Just lovely.

Lori Lipsky said...

Glad you enjoyed our project.

Thanks, Prude.

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely words and photos, I love lakes too

Lori Lipsky said...

Glad to hear from another lover of lakes!

Thanks for the kind comment, Juliet.

Robin J. Steinweg said...

Beautiful poem, beautiful photos, beautiful poetess and photographer!