Home

Thursday, December 1, 2011

More Steeple Photos for "The Steeple" Verse

Congratulations to the winner of the steeple photo drawing! The $25 Amazon Gift Card goes to ....Sue Finley. Thank you to Sue and the others who sent in Steeple photos. Sue, be sure to send me your address (FB or e-mail) and I'll send the card right out.


Today's photos of steeples were sent in by Sandy Schelthelm of Marshall, Wisconsin.  I always enjoy seeing Sandy's photos on Facebook and I love these. Thanks, Sandy!





Here's the poem again:

The Steeple
by Lori Lipsky

The village spire
Built high and seen
From north and east
And surrounding fields

Has its effect
On those nearby
Who view the steeple
Day after day

To some it is beauty
To others a warning
Still others pursue its
Point to the heavens above


St. Joseph's Catholic Church of East Bristol, WI
Taken 10-23-2011

Gaston School Gallery in Cottage Grove, WI
Taken 10-31-2011


St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Deerfield, WI
Taken 9-21-2011 


Cornerstone Church of Waterloo in Waterloo, WI
Taken 10-23-2011


Basilica of St. Josaphat, St. Josaphat's Polish Roman Catholic Church in Milwaukee, WI
Taken 9-21-2011


I hope you all have a terrific weekend!

Lori




Next Week: A few more steeples and more of Hong Kong

5 comments:

ScheltyDebate said...

I think that first photo captures the first stanza wonderfully. :) Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I really liked your blog! It helped me alot… Awesome. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Lori Lipsky said...

I agree, Sandy. It's a great fit.

Suef said...

Wow, I can't believe I won! I never win anything. Cool. Another batch of lovely steeple photos today!

The Prude said...

Did you notice how the sky was different in each photo?
What a striking contrast to the constancy of the steeple. Nice job Sandy- and congratulations Sue!!!!!