Home

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Visit to Denver Colorado's Art Museum

Today and next post I'll share more from our afternoon in Denver.






After Paige and I left the capitol building in Denver, we headed over to the Denver Art Museum.   


 http://www.denverartmuseum.org/home




Normally in art museums I am most interested in oil paintings (can anything compare?), but today I am eager to share a few photos by Sebastiao Salgado, a Brazilian born in 1944. 


I love when art or poetry opens my eyes to historic events and makes me want to rush home to research and learn more. These photos had that effect.











And below is one of the most amazing photos I've ever seen. It inspires and exhorts me toward thankfulness (and to generosity, I hope) as much as one of Charles Dicken's most precious Christmas stories. Can you imagine enduring this for the hope of a bit of gold?






Next post: Happier views from the Denver Art Museum



1 comment:

The Prude said...

Wow. This is fascinating. I love the tie-in with the Dickens stories too. Great post.