Home

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Two Poems at Sparkbright Magazine

I'm pleased to announce that Sparkbright Magazine has published two of my poems.


The Respite and The Widow appear in their most recent issue, Issue 7: Winter Issue 2011.


The December Issue of Sparkbright Magazine was released and I didn't realize it until yesterday when I stumbled upon the poems as I was looking for the Isthmus Magazine article on the Wisconsin Fellowship of Poets' Winter Festival Reading. It was a great sort of surprise.



Turns out the editors notified me of their intent to publish, but I failed to record it properly. I usually keep fairly good records, but dropped the ball on this one.



If you missed my post the other day about the poem, Three Horses in the Cold, it is still up at Bolts of Silk, so I hope you'll check it out.


*****


Thank you for being a part of Visits and Verse. I especially appreciate those readers who have taken time to leave comments this month. I've loved all the dialogue. It's always terrific to hear from you.


And now it's time to announce the winners of the Prestel art books:















 Here are the top five commenters of the month, winners of the promised Prestel art books:
  • The Prude
  • Robin Steinweg
  • Suef
  • Susan
  • ScheltyDebate and Sandy (Sandy L.) tied for 5th place.
Please send your address to me at lorilipsky@gmail.com within the next ten days, and I'll ship your book to you.  

Congratulations to the winners! You've made January fun.

6 comments:

Robin J. Steinweg said...

Lori,
Congratulations on The Respite and The Widow--two very fine poems! The latter made me cry.

And wow--a book! Thanks! I'd forgotten you had that contest going.

By the way, I don't weary of the Monet water lilies which adorn your blog this month; but you always have great pics up.

Susan said...

Congrats on the poems Lori. They are beautiful, especially "The Widow". And thank you for the book!

The Prude said...

Thank YOU for making January fun!
I look forward to your posts, and your poems in Sparkbright are wonderful!

Suef said...

Very exciting Lori. I had trouble finding the Sparkbright poems but I will try again. You are really getting some action on your writing! I enjoyed your January blog very much!

Suef said...

No, never mind. I did see it yesterday I think at Sparkbright. Lovely poems!

Joanie said...

Congratulations on your published masterpieces!